The State Vigilance Bureau carries out enquiries on behalf of the Vigilance Department, Govt. of Haryana.
These enquiries are marked down to the enquiry officers after due registration. Enquiries are ordered on the basis of information obtained from any of the following sources :-
- Complaint received by an administrative authority.
- Complaint received in the Vigilance Department/State Vigilance Bureau.
- Departmental inspection report, stock verification survey or specific checks conducted by the State Vigilance Bureau.
- Report of any irregularities in accounts revealed in the routine audit of accounts e.g. tampering of records, over payments, misappropriation of money or material etc.
- Audit Report on Govt. accounts and on the accounts of Public undertakings and other Cooperative bodies etc.
- Proceedings of the Vidhan Sabha or of its various committees like Estimates Committee, Public Accounts Committee and Committee on Public Undertaking etc.
- Complaints, allegations featuring in the press/electronic media.
- Intelligence / Source Report.
- Other Sources
All the enquiries conducted by the State Vigilance Bureau are duly registered in the State Vigilance Bureau and given specific number. These enquiries can be registered only on the explicit order of :-
- The State Govt., in case of Class-I & II officers, Sarpanches, Members/Chairmen of Zila Parishads, Councillors/Members of the Local Bodies and Pvt. persons etc.
- Director, SVB, in case of Class -III and Class-IV employees of Haryana.